zondag 2 november 2014

Blurry Pics Gallery

Last saturday I went to the Bozar (museum in Brussels, Belgium. Belgium is some small county in Europe, Europe lies next to Asia and above Africa) to check out Rubens. I found it to be quite impressive how some works almost looked like whirpools of bodies, tangled together, in such a beautiful way. The sense of motion in the poses was so well done that it looked like he painted a picture taken from an impossible scene. I felt humbled by his work, and I don't even paint.

My precense at the exposition, was something else though......For starters, I didn't find the entrance to the museum (how that's possible, I still don't know) and stumbled upon a back door which took me to a room were I clearly wasn't supposed to be. Feeling this wasn't right, I tried to act like I belonged there and with a straight face walked by some people until a security guard noticed me and took me to the ticket office. "Thanks" I spoke while the guard just nodded without even looking at me.

A bit later I was pointing things out on a painting like a true art critic when, as I nearly touched the canvas, the alarm started to go off. People were looking around and a guard came to me saying I couldn't get this close to the art. The alarm stopped and I signaled with a hand gesture to the security that I understood....

Knowing you guys wanted some proof of my precense I needed to take a picture of one of the works, which was not allowed, but I didn't want to let DG fans down. After waiting for the right time I quickly used a cellphone, only for it to allert the guards AGAIN by making a loud "click" noise while taking the photo. This time they started to look a bit angry so I casualy strolled away like nothing happend.

The picture was worth it though as you clearly see the hand of a skilled photographer even when using a crappy camera:



I think the only way I'll get in the Bozar from now on is to go in Mission Impossible style.



Last friday was halloween night in our local parc. The place gets decorated with scary puppets and lights. The visitors and kids wear halloween costumes and they can go on scary rides on miniature trains. I disguised myself too with a skeleton mask and thought it would be a good evening for some pictures. It was, but I forgot that for these dark scenes a tripod is necessary as the camera needs more time to soak in the light, the smallest movement results in a blurry picture. Therefore, any picture of people there was impossible since the crowd was in constant movement and my hands can't be completly still of course.

I only managed to make 2 shots not too blurry, quite frustrating because lots of cool scenes were possible



A bit further, surrounded by darkness, a day-care center had the lights on the whole night. The dark silhouette of the child behind the window gave an eerie effect.


Btw, did you know that besides the famous Manneke Pis in Brussels, we also have a Jeanneke Pis? If boys can urinate in public, then woman can too. Yes, Belgium is quite ahead in women rights! (even though she's tucked away in a dead end street)


Time for a prayer to the saint of the brokenhearted. not much else to say about that really.
And now just shut up and enjoy.

                                   Somi - Prayer To The Saint Of The Brokenhearted








Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten