dinsdag 18 november 2014

About Posters & Patterns

Thank you all for the support, kind words and gifts you all sended my way (that unibrow brooming kit really does wonders! Thanks Anonymous!!) My wounds are healing and I could go working again today, but will remain cautious to not reopen them. I will make "art" again soon now!

I went to see Interstellar the other day. A grand film and liked it very much. It's theme, space exploration, is right up my alley and knowing that the visualisation of the black hole and worm hole in the film is based on equations Dr. Kip Thorne provided for the special effects team so that it looked entirely accurate made it extra amazing. Dr Thorne's mathematics made the simulation software of the team crunch sometimes over 100 hours to render 1 frame (a frame is a 24st of a second)!!

A theme in the movie was also the poem "Do not go gentle into that good night" by Dylan Thomas,which was very fitting and a nice poem altogether.

Do not go gentle into that good night

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.


Sometimes I ponder about our "nature". Why do icebears eat seals? That's nature. Why does Kim Kardashian has such ass? That's nature.  But what is Mother Nature exactly then? It is a name we give to all things regarding the development of life and material. Other than that it's just a hollow word. So what is truly, more than a name, responsible for all this code that makes us what we do and are who we are......and why are we here in the first place? You are here to read the latest update of Dropping Gems of course, but why are we here on this earth? In this universe?

To not make it too complicated for myself I'd like to think we live to go and find our own way and make use of our talents. It can take a while to find your direction, but that's ok as long as you find it eventually.
But I also believe that when you look back, you should ask yourself a question, did you make a difference in someone's life? Did you have a positive influence for another? I think it's important  that we do not lead a pure selfish life, and should strive to make a positive impact for others or even one, even if it may not seem significant at first. I truly believe all small things add up and a little sign of love or friendship can go a long way. To have been someone for another, even temporaly, is something that makes your life more worthwhile. And then you can say, Yes, I made a difference for someone. There had been meaning to my life.

But coming back to our existance in the enormous cosmos, I find it strange that there seems to be an universal code to the simplest and biggest of things. The way our bloodvessels are structured to best let our blood and nutritians flow are for example very similar to the way we have been buidling our roads if you look at it from a birds eye view, and roads are also a way of letting life flow. We follow a trend based on natures creation without even realising it.
But this structure continues in the microscopic way our brain neurons are connected, and are also very similar to the way the entire universe is mapped as you can see below. All these similarities in patterns on a gigantic variation in scale makes it seem that all things in natural phenomena form through the same architectic "laws".

Brain Cell


The Universe


Where do these patterns come from and what has laid these codes? These are things crossing my mind when laying in bath or pretending to read the stock market. Maybe we will never know, but if I stay in bath long enough maybe I will figure it out.......

Something fun now, AFRICAN MOVIE POSTERS ARE AMAZING!!! 

These are real movie posters used in Ghanese cinemas, some are legit cool I think, some are hilarious though.....

Terminator 3, this one is pretty badass


Original Terminator, I think he has a malfunction...
Milleniumbug striking after all?


300, this is alright.
Except for his eyes maybe (been hit 300 times?)



Mission Impossible, Tom Cruise sure is looking a little asian these days....effect of the botox?


Did you know Obama is a secret agent? 


Steven Seagal should just quit now, he's not even enjoying it anymore by the looks of his face "Ugh..just let me shoot you and get it over with...."



I hate my village.......so, if you cant beat them, eat them? The title alone makes me want to watch this movie!!



Screen Kiss by Thomas Dolby is such a beautiful song and a true classic so I thought, upload! Et voila!

And now just shut up and enjoy.

                                                Thomas Dolby - Screen Kiss













Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten