zondag 29 september 2013

Trying and failing

As some bots or persons may have noticed, last week's update on Dropping Gems never happend. Understandebly you thought it was the beginning of the delayed apocalypse of december 2012, but no, this drama was caused by a small trip me and a two friends undertook. Now that you know the reason it's time to get out of your basement and go on with your life. Someone at work probably wonders where you are.

Ok, so I tried to do some drawings lately and it's satisfying and irritating at the same time. It's nice to see something formed in your head becoming a small window in your imagination for others to see through, but on the other hand, I'm kind of embarresed by them because by far I lack the skills to do a proper representation of what I'd actually like to draw. It always ends up pretty different in the end.  You got to start somewhere though, right?




By now you probably know the drill, at the end of my post you get some music. Recently I was in Prague, which is truly a beautiful city, and during the evening I asked a local if there was any band playing in the area. He named a few places and at the end mentioned: "Oh yeah, and there's also Bonobo playing here tonight, right in that building you see there." At that moment the city got some bonus points from me. I love Bonobo! It comes as no surprise that I've uploaded a song from this artist this week. He mostly produces instrumental and electronic music, but sometimes works with a singer too. In "Sun Will Rise" the voice you hear belongs to Speech Debelle. The combination gives us a hip hop song intertwined with some sweet sax.

And now just shut up and enjoy.

                                                      Bonobo - Sun Will Rise



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten