zaterdag 14 september 2013

Short Story

This weeks entry will be something directed at a more select audience (like this blog isn't already), as most of it will be in dutch. I'm not much of a writer, but I do like making up little stories. When dreaming up tales in my head it is all very visual, like an animated short, with a minimum of dialoge. To then try to write it down can be a bit difficult for me, as it never really captures the world that's inside my imagination. To draw it maybe is something I need to practise more on.
Anyway, this story is called "Zonaanbidders", it is actually a pretty cliché sci-fi/spooky story, but it's more of a test to try and learn to do it better. Still, maybe someone finds enjoyment out of it.


                                                           






Now it's time for some music. I'm a big fan of African music, the rythm, the vibe, it feels so liberating. When you're talking about african music, there's no way around Salif Keïta. This gentlemen form Mali began his career about 40 years ago and is still going strong. The fact that he is an albino, outcasted by his own family, makes his succes story even better. He has many songs that strike an emotional chord, but I chose for something more uplifting. Honestly, how can you sit still when listening to this music? If you can you're probably a bot. But even if you're a bot, please continue following the blog, at least something is reading this then.This time I can't upload it myself though because the song is heavily protected by UMG.

And now just shut up and enjoy.

                                                          Salif Keïta - Yambo



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten