donderdag 29 januari 2015

Exposing and Exposed

Hi there people,

Sometimes you live in a city for some years already and still there are many spots you've never been to. So that's why I started to go to a new bar every week now since the new year. Every friday or saturday evening I'm going to a different bar and I already found a cool new place. It's always good to know different nice locations to have a drink I'd say. So far, I'm liking my approach to discover my city in a new way.

I have to admit that my creative side is still on the low levels. My time recently is spent on work, fixing up my house, a new hobby in going to the gym and some family issues....

I can only show some doodles and sketch, but I hope that I'll do more stuff soon again.

You might remember the latest coloured drawing I did, at work I did a "sketch-over" of the same thing, I actually like the sketch more


Some guy sitting at a ravine and a girl in a tree, I'd like to make a finished drawing of the latter



Some demon, I don't even know what he's supposed to be wearing





In other news, I'd like to tell you about the devious ways Youtube tries to destroy popular channels (like mine) in favour of "others", less known internet stars. Maybe it's not the wisest to do so, but this story has to be told as I can not stand injustice.
Don't be shocked but soon could be the end of the Dropping Gems Youtube channel. Since some time I have been getting some warnings from their administrators regarding copyright infractions for the music I upload. Unfortunately that's really no joke and I have taken a screenscap to show you:


I wish it was fake, but it is not


As you can see, I have gotten 2 warnings so far and if I violate their terms 1 more time until 4 october 2015, they threaten to whipe my acount.
In itself, it's not so strange, I have not asked premission from the owners of the music if I could upload them (like nobody does on YT), I can understand that. But if you look further, you will see that it's all a great sheme to eliminate strong competition for other channels who the Youtube folks have ties with, like family or friends probably. A little far fetched? I don't think so.
One of the songs they sended me a penatlty for was Melanie De Biasio's "I'm gonna leave you". Ok, so what's the big deal? Well, just do a little search for the song on YT and what do you see? A whole list of uploads for the same song and they don't care!!!


The list goes on.....



So it is very obvious they follow their own rules just as they choose and see fit, leaving others untouched if they like to. I decided to investigate a little further because I sensed I was on the right trail. One of the uploaders is called "Deezer Sessions" (you can see that on the second pic), never heard of them, but I looked into what this group was about, recording live music it turns out, and found out that one of the leaders of that organisation is called Dan Hurley. 

Then it struck me. When I was searching for more info about Youtube because of my warnings, the name Hurley also showed up. As the matter of fact, one of the founders of YT is no one else than Chad Hurley!!!!


DAN HURLEY IS CHAD HURLEY'S SON!!!! If this is not proof enough that YT protects their relatives channels from competition then I don't know what is. Was his father scared that I might steel too many clicks from his son's videos or was it the son who begged his father to put a stop to Dropping gems before I eclipsed his subscribers number?

I already tried to contact them to sort this out. As I am not a supporter for violence I challenged Chad Hurley in something to settle this once and for all................A staring contest!!

So far, he has not contacted me back (chicken), but as soon as he does, you'll be the first to know.



What do you get when you mix Amy Winehouses Love Is A losing game with Bob Marley's No woman no cry? Don't try to imaginate, just listen!

And now just shut up and enjoy.


             Bob Marley/Amy Winehouse - No Woman No Cry (Love Is A Losing Game Remix)


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten