maandag 29 september 2014

Mist Obscura 2

By now, you should know that atmospherics that create an isolated, eerie mood is something that is up my alley. The sense of tension in the air when a thunderstorm is about to release it's energy, or fog wraps the environment in a gray and white haze, those thing I love. It's no surprise then when I recently woke up and saw a blanket of mist outside the window, that I jumped into my clothes and on my bike to make some  pictures. I knew that not too far from where I live there's a small house in the forest that would hopefully be nice to make some pictures of under this condition.

 It did look fairly special

 

 





You're actually not supposed to come there since the area is private. I like it that way because I knew no other people would be around. So I came a little closer.


I would have liked go inside, one window missed it's glass but I don't know if you can see it, the opening was barricaded by a heavy wooden closet. Listening carefully, very faint it seemed that there was something slithering around in the darkness. Was this barricade set up to keep people from breaking in, or to hold someone, or something inside?


The cloth on the bench was all torn....

 

At the other side of the house, many pieces of chopped branches laid on the ground. Whoever lived there was preparing for the cold months up ahead.


Just when I returend to my bike an deep an gargling shout came from the direction of the house, more like a loud moan of something dying, but too unnaturally sounding for it to be human...


I almost dropped my camera, but jumped on my bike and got the hell out of there. I won't be comming there again anytime soon....


Out in the forest isn't the only place where I witnessed things out of the ordinary. I was experimenting with my camera in the bathroom for shooting dark scenes, and when I looked back at some of the photos I took, I saw a foot in the doorway, vanishing in thin air starting from the ankle. Do you see it too or am I loosing my mind?



For now, let's relax with some music. Zbigniew Preisner, a Polish composer, recorded an album in a chapel located inside of a saltmine, more than 100 metres underground. The Wieliczka Salt Mine in Poland is said to have the best acoustic in the whole of Europe. Here's one piece of the recordings, Lava.

And now just shut up and enjoy.

                                                      Zbigniew Preisner - Lava






Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten