zaterdag 2 augustus 2014

A plain sight

What luck. Doctor Steve Brule has always been my mentor, a guiding light, and now I have learned he's into space too, just like me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogSLdqzOvcI

At work, there are moments when I have some time to spare. If I have a piece of paper at hand I'll try to doodle a bit and take the works home for further "development" if something seems fit for a better rendition




The second one looked like it could belong in my series of fantastical creatures so let's try to make it a full drawing now.


Cool, I wanted to make it look a bit Savana like with the grass turned yellow and orange by drought. 


This is pretty much how I had it in mind so far. The colouring of the creature itself started to worry me a bit though. I didn't want to use yellow and red on it or it would blend too much into the background, brownish would be too dull and green tints didn't look right in my head. I opted for blue then (again, like the other ones).

I'm still not sure if it fits really well, though I don't think it's really bad either. But I'd say camouflage is not it's strong point....


Great Multus Bicodulum:

Lives on the the plains of Estraldar. Eats mostly leaves and grass, but will occasionally feed on small mice and bunny-like animals. Uses it's tail to snatch prey out of their holes and strangle them, but is also used to impress females where it moves in wave patterns. Can live up to 85 years old and grow 2,5 meter high. Legend says that during a full moon, the tail end emits fluorecent colours that can hypnothise even man, causing a full erase of the entire memory. To date, there has not been evidence of such behaviour.




Pearl Jams Eddie Vedder has a voice you recognise immediatly, like all good singers should have. He made the soundtrack for the great movie Into The Wild a few years ago. Here's one of my favorites from the ost, Long Nights.

And now just shut up and enjoy.

                                                Eddie Vedder - Long Nights


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten