zondag 22 juni 2014

Who knows where time goes

I was in Holland for a few days. There, I saw 2 swans in a field. Nothing too special but I like the photo.


There was also a cow, she wanted to stay anonymous.


I suspected for many years now cows can teleport, but only do it when there's no people around. After lying hidden in the grass and weeds for 7 hours, I finaly managed to get a picture right before they vanished to a different spot in the field.


Here's a challenge. Can you figure out on what side the reflection in the water is in under 5 minutes?


Right, let's move on to moving imagery. I filmed some scenes and sped up the recordings out of curiousity for what effect that might give. Looking back I'm constantly thinking: "Argh, I should have filmed from a different angle!" or "Hmm, maybe I should try to film this or that!". While doing this you always think of other things to film, so I'll probably make an other one sometime. It may look a bit rough and unfinished, but my editing program was giving me troubles again and was tired of it. You can also see the limitations of my camera in the dark lightning scenes, but whatever, you can look at it just below.

Video: Timelapse



Music time. I mixed a bit of Penguin Cafe Orchestra and Nina Simone together, and also their pictures! Yes, it can't get crazier then this. When you hear her talking through the Penguin sound, it makes for a special effect I think. What a coincidence that the song is titled Who Knows Where Times Goes! Bonus song is a live recording of the poppy Living In A Small Town by Zervas & Pepper.

And now just shut up and enjoy:












2 opmerkingen:

  1. Was listening to Nils Frahm LateNightTales and was kind of disappointed to see he stole the Penguin Cafe Orchestra / Nina Simone mix from you. Did you know that?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I'd like top help out Nils Frahms carreer a bit because it doesn't seem to go anywhere, despite his talent, so I have no problem with it. We should all share. Thank you for your comment though Gabriel!

      Verwijderen