vrijdag 3 januari 2014

Chill & Sketch

'S up?

I hope y'all had a great time celebrating New Year's eve. If by any chance you've woken up just today since then, finding yourself in a different timezone than usual with all your money gone, recent memories replaced with a black void and a tattoo of a raccoon on your back that has no business being there, I say don't worry, I'm here for you. This blog will let you forget about all that for at least two minutes. If you read slow it could be even five.

Just recently I too found myself in a different timezone. Attentive readers know I headed to London last week and I have to say, the city is a blast and has a lot of cool places to visit. If you're into art, many museums are free of admission and I definitely advise you to check out Brick lane if you're looking for alternative art, clothes, people and music.

It was also surprising to see just how close France and England really are. This photo was taken on the shore of France, Calais and you clearly see the white cliffs of Dover in the distance.


To cross the Norh Sea by swimming like some do didn't seem that hard to me anymore but my friends managed to talk some sense into me just in time. They needed my share to pay for the ferry or it would cost more for them and I didn't want to let them down. Still, I've got some unfinished business with that plane of water.

Since my return I haven't had much energy to spend on drawing or making movies but I did make a few sketches. It's nothing much but I'll let you take a look at it just below.





There seemed no group more convenient to present this week than London Grammar, who I already mentioned last time. You wouldn't think the voice belongs to the young girl you see in the picture below but somehow it does. It reminds me a bit of Florence and the Machine. The song Metal & Dust doesn't represent the range she has very well, but it's definitely worth a listen.

And now just shut up and enjoy.

                                                 London Grammar - Metal & Dust


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten