zaterdag 21 december 2013

Midnight Dreamer

What's up everyone? Long time no see! What a crazy few weeks it has been. I wanted to update the blog way sooner, but a problem with my editing program decided otherwise. I had finished making a new small animation but during the process of making the individual parts into one movie, the program got stuck everytime just at 99% and therefore I wasn't able to save it. I now deleted and reinstalled it and for now it seems to work but I lost some effects in the meantime. Still, at least I'm glad I can edit movies again.

The long radiosilence on this blog did have a positive effect though. In one of my previous posts I offered a link to a Ravensburger puzzle to keep people occupied if they had to wait a while until my next blogpost. Well, since this one took a few weeks to post, Ravensburger saw a huge uptake in it's puzzle sales. Not only that, the company's shares hit an alltime high and this caused the cancelation of necessary layoffs they were planning. Their web masters reversed enginierd the origin of the internet traffic hitting their site and found out that they all came from my blog! With this information they found out who I was and got hold of my phonenumber. Not long after their discovery I recieved an emotional phonecall of Ravenburgers CEO, thanking me of saving him the trouble to tell 150 employees they lost their jobs just before Christmas.
He offered me a sum of money earned by the extraordinary puzzle sales but I politely declined and said I'm not doing it for the money but only to give people some distraction or inspiration. The CEO, who I will not name, said he was honored to have spoken me and hoped that all went well for me. I told him he didn't have to worry and we said goodbye.

Now, back to the animated movie. There are some problems in there that you'll likely notice, for one, sometimes, the hands look like meat clumbs like at the first sleep scene and I have trouble to make some shapes consistant in different frames like the main characters head, he looks a bit different in every frame....

You can watch "Midnight Dreamer" here and I advise you again to put it at 720p:

Midnight Dreamer



Feel free to give feedback and before I forget: Merry Chirstmas to everyone!


Like last time, I was digging into some Daft Punk covers and found another one worthy of your demanding ears. This time the credits go to The Stepkids, who bring an acoustic interpretation of  "Get Lucky", THE hit of last summer. I'll see you after the jump.

And now just shut up and enjoy.




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten