donderdag 24 oktober 2013

Drain of colour

Good day earthlings!

Today I have a new drawing to post. But first, let me adress something. Since last week I recieved some complaints about my story starring Rogerke. People told me it was too far fetched, some literal quotes: "Your father and I are starting to get worried about you, (sigh), where did we go wrong?", "First you were doing those Harlem-shakes, now this? Are you on drugs?"
They talked about it as if it was all made up. Not only is it insulting for me and my beetle-friend, it shows no respect for Rogerke's emotional life story. But thanks to a sweet insider, I got my hands on evidence to back up my story. To silence the disbelievers, I can show you the poster that was on his wall, featuring the lovely LoreBello:



Indeed, some apologies would be welcome!

Now I'd like to show you a new drawing. It's not exactly what I wanted it to be, because when I started colouring it, it just didn't look right to me (wrong colourpallet and so). Unfortunately, when I realised it wasn't really going to work out that good, it was already too late and I had no choice to finish the rest. Here's the result (the dragon/monster is supposed to be white!):






Somehow, I like drawing beasts, you are what you draw aren't you? Don't they say that? I'm told to be a beast myself, but that was because once I ate a plate of spaghetti bolognese using no hands.

Anyway, when uploading the picture to my computer, I wanted to try out how it looked in black, white and gray and to me it actually looked better that way. Judge for yourself:



So I think I'm not going to use colour in my next drawings. What do you think works best? Let me know.

It's time I uploaded some music originating closer to home. Herman van Veen is part of my youth as he created the theme song for the fantastic cartoonseries Alfred Jodocus Kwak. Herman is a celebrated cabaratier, actor and musician with a strong, powerfull voice but who can also sing very softly, yet always perfect understandable. I had the fortune to go to one of his concerts last year, which was awesome. In the song "Onderaan De Dijk" he's assisted by Edith Leerkes.

And now just shut and enjoy.

                                            Herman van Veen - Onderaan De Dijk






Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten