zondag 1 september 2013

Something in the forest

Hi everyone, every 0 of you, welcome back to Dropping Gems.

For those who are just tuning in, I know what you're feeling right now. It's the feel of a life changing experience. You'll get used to it when following this blog. Some say it's the feel of an alergic reaction, but just follow your heart and I'll see you here next week again.

This week I went to the forest to take some pictures of a small creature. It's a creation of an artist friend who I helped to collect the materials for. The main "ingredients" are cat bones and clay. The bones where cooked before using of course and luckily they turned out pretty clean as they were in a much nastier condition then when we found them, you can imagine. When finished I thought putting this little guy between the plants and leaves would have a nice effect but I also brought him to a local toyshop to meet some smurfs. Unfortunately the shop manager didn't like me taking pics of his little blue friends and passive agressively showed me the way out. No problem though, we stumbled upon a new friend in the forest as you can see.





When the photoshoot was finished and I returned to my bike I saw that my bikekeys were missing. Lucky for me I saw every episode of survior man on Discovery channel and in survivor mode I noticed strange footsteps between the leaves. Needless to say I followed this trail which led me to a big tree. There, I found my keys hidden between the roots and some dirt. I'm sure the intentions were  good or something but it was strange none the less. Was it the shopmanager from before who couldn't get over my harassment of his smurfs? I'll never know...


Now, the song of the week is a song from the Brittish Nick Mulvey, Venus. He began as a hang player in the fantastic jazz group Portico Quartet, which I'll maybe upload something from at a later date, but who is now also working on a solo carreer. This song has a very dreamy sound to it what I really like, maybe you too.

And now just shut up and enjoy.

                                                       Nick Mulvey - Venus



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten